A critical component of medical practice management is the effective and efficient processes surrounding the patient encounter. How do you ensure that patients receive the best possible care, focus on patient safety and strive for efficient operations?
Patient Care Systems in a medical practice includes the following:
- Establish and monitor business processes to ensure effective and efficient clinical operations.
- Provide relevant and accurate resources to enhance patients’ knowledge, understanding and participation in their medical care.
- Develop and implement a referral management process.
- Design efficient patient flow patterns to maximize physician schedules.
- Manage front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, collection of payments and customer service efforts.
- Implement a plan to control pharmaceutical supplies.