Effective governance is essential to a successful medical practice. How do you ensure effective governance and leadership through policies, long-term strategies and the strategic direction of the organization?
Organizational Governance in a medical practice includes the following:
- Facilitate the establishment and monitoring of the appropriate corporate legal structure for the organization.
- Facilitate organizational governance structure and maintain proper corporate record-keeping of strategic decisions.
- Lead the integration of the corporate mission statement into all aspects of the organization’s culture.
- Lead development of the organization’s strategic plan and its implementation.
- Establish, communicate, implement and monitor production and compensation standards for physician and mid-level professional staff.
- Implement and/or support organization leadership management of clinical staff conduct and performance expectations or programs.
- Foster the growth and development of physician leaders as knowledgeable, participative stakeholders.
- Encourage and lead participation in advocacy endeavors at local, state and national levels.