How will you manage evolving technologies, practice management systems, electronic health records and compliance? How will you manage countless pieces of information?
Information Management in a medical practice includes the following:
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal communication pathways for clinical and nonclinical staff.
- Develop a technology plan that establishes the criteria for selection and implementation of information technology, including computer systems, Internet strategies and telecommunications.
- Plan and design a technology security process to protect patient and practice data systems.
- Manage medical information systems including medical records, medication administration and health care related document storage.
- Develop and implement processes to comply with mandated reports of specified patient issues to regulatory agencies.